Drury Lane Theatre Announcement: COVID-19
Updates will continue as received.
March 13, 2020.
Drury Lane Theatrical Productions Inc. is sharing its COVID-19 policy and a strategy that fits with the health and safety needs of our members, volunteers and patrons based on information and guidelines available from local, provincial and federal agencies at this time.
We acknowledge that the COVID-19 is an evolving health issue and we are trying to avoid disruption in our programming and services. Our next musical, The Last Resort opens Friday, May 8th, 2020 so gathering of large groups is not the immediate concern. We will assess that need for programming changes based on COVID-19 developments.
The immediate need is to execute a policy that protects:
1. Patrons and Box Office Staff: Drury Lane Theatre having just launched its 2020-2021 Season Subscription Campaign is encouraging subscription orders by phone (Box Office 905-637-3979) and individual ticket purchases online or by phone in order to minimize Box Office visits. We will be following a heightened facility cleaning schedule and box office interaction policy that minimizes face to face visits and requires Box Office Staff to clean counter surfaces, door handles, Credit Card terminals after each box office client interaction.
2. Cast, Crew of Productions and Staff: Drury Lane volunteers, members, cast, crew and staff are being asked to follow a rigid policy when visiting or planning to visit the Drury Lane Theatre.
- Anyone including cast, crew, staff and volunteers that have travelled are ‘strongly’ requested to stay away from the theatre for 2 weeks following their return.
- Hands must be washed when entering and leaving the building (all personnel).
- Everyone is encouraged to say “I can’t come in today” if they feel ill or are concerned for their health and safety and be able to communicate that readily.
- Additional cleaning will be put in place after each rehearsal or any event/meeting that takes place. We will increase sanitation at high touch points, washrooms, door handles, automatic door operator plates, toilet flush handles and faucets.
- Rehearsal specific – Producers working with Directors and responsible to the Board of Directors through the Artistic Director will implement recommended policy regarding individual spacing, snacks, hand washing, isolation protocols (internet/teleconferencing options), piano surfaces and any additional details that protect the health and safety of all cast, crew and volunteers.
Please contact Box Office to discuss options:
Regular Box Office Hours:
Mondays and Thursdays – 12pm to 2pm
Saturdays – 11 am to 1 pm
Online: 24 hours/day
Performances: Box Office opens 1 hr. prior to scheduled performance times.