AUDITIONS For The Sound of Music (fall 2023) & First Date (spring 2024)
SATURDAY, MAY 27TH FROM 9:30 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. (Adults only) for both shows
MONDAY, MAY 29TH FROM 7:00 P.M. TO 10:00 P.M. (Adults only) Sound of Music only
WEDNESDAY, MAY 31ST FROM 7:00 P.M. TO 10:00 P.M. (Adults only) First Date only
SUNDAY, JUNE 11TH FROM 10:30 A.M. TO 5:30 P.M. Sound of Music Children only
All Auditions are held at the “Loft” – 2269 New Street, Burlington.
Please be aware that we are not an Equity Production House. All performers are volunteers and all acting roles are NON-PAID.
We are excited to invite you to audition at Drury Lane Theatrical Productions for two of our shows next season. The “Group Audition Date” on Saturday, May 27th allows those attending to audition for both The Sound of Music and First Date with one single audition if interested, but is also open to those only wishing to audition for one of the shows.
Using the Sign-Up Genius links below, select your date and time.
Your Audition Panel will be the Stage Directors, Choreographers, Music Directors, and Producers for both shows, along with DLTP’s Artistic Director on the 27th. The individual teams for each show will be present at the auditions on the 29th, 31st, and June 11th. Further Information about the Shows, Roles that are available, Rehearsal Dates, and times, etc. are linked below. Once you have selected your Audition time, you are then required to complete your Audition Form, and email it to DLTP’s Artistic Director, Carol MacKenzie.
- Please prepare two contrasting songs that are NOT from either show, but showcase your different singing styles. You may or may not be asked to sing both songs, but please be prepared to do so.
- You will be accompanied by one of our Music Directors/Audition pianist. Please have your sheet music in a binder and in the correct key. This is our preferred way to hear you sing. However, if you don’t have sheet music and are using an accompaniment track, please bring your own device to play the tracks.
- Children auditioning on June 11th are asked to prepare a song of their choice, using an accompaniment track, OR, sing one of the two following songs: Do-Re-Mi, or My Favourite Things. These will be accompanied on piano by one of the Directors. Sheet music is not required.
- At the audition, please be prepared to do some cold readings and perhaps be ready to do some movement work.
- If you are absolutely unable to attend the auditions in person, you may submit a video audition (see further information below).
CHILDREN’S DEADLINE TO SIGN UP via SIGN-UP GENIUS Child IS MIDNIGHT ON JUNE 8TH
Please complete the appropriate AUDITION FORM (FILLABLE) (select group form for adults, or children’s form) and send it to the Artistic Director, Carol MacKenzie: email@example.com
You may also send a separate resumé and include a photo (optional).
Please refer to the following attachments as resources to you as you consider the various roles and actor requirements for our shows:
Sound of Music roles and cast requirements (Adult and Children)
First Date roles and cast requirements
THE SOUND OF MUSIC
Stage Director – Lauren Shepherd
Choreographer – Jennifer McLennan
Music Director – Geoff Tiller
Producers – Joanne Warren and Carol MacKenzie
13 Performances with 1* optioned date: Nov 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, (16*), 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26
Stage Director and Choreographer – Marc Richard
Music Director – Anne Barnshaw
Producers – Peter Smurlick and Rick MacKenzie
13 Performances with 1* optioned date: May 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, (16*), 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26
*Optioned dates: You are expected to hold this date for a potential fund-raising (not open to general public) performance. Release of the hold will be given 3 weeks prior to that date.
For those who are submitting a video audition, please follow these instructions:
- Video Audition Submission Deadline: May 25th by midnight for all adults in SOM or First Date. Deadline for the SOM von Trapp children is June 8th by midnight
- Video to be a maximum of 4 minutes in length
- Must be accompanied – no A Capella submissions
- Your vocals must be heard over the accompaniment
- Include 2 songs that showcase your vocal range and acting abilities
- You will need upload your video to YouTube and then provide the URL to the Artistic Director
AUDITION DATES FOR THE 43RD ANNUAL MUSIC HALL WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE FALL.